Sunday, March 6, 2011

Evolution: The 'It' Word

As many of my readers have brought to my attention, I have been a bit absent as of late. No excuses from me, so let's just dive into the topic of the day: evolution.

I believe it was John Varvatos who once said that "men's style is evolutionary, not revolutionary". How many women's things can you think of that are "staples" aside from the LBD (little black dress)? On the other hand, a men's closet can survive on a constant diet of basics, with little tweaks from season to season, without the worry of becoming "dated" in the span of 6 months to a year. GQ magazine lately has even started the process of asking top designers for the top 10 things that they can't live without. Almost all the answers are items that can be categorized as "timeless". Instead of reminding you of the iconic basics that you should already own, I'm going to take a different approach.

Over the next several posts, I will give you some of my recommendations for the spring pieces that you should rotate into your wardrobe full of established classics. Final Verdict: heed my advice and find yourself on the "do" list... whether that be in a magazine or a lady's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment